To make it fun, you need more than a group of one!
How to invite someone
- Fill in the full name and email address for the people you wish to invite to become members of your group. Additional rows automatically display as you fill them out, so you can invite as many as you like. You can invite additional members later too.
- Then press the save group and invite button.
- When you click the invite button, Giftster sends a beautiful, personalized email to each person. On the app, you can select invitees with one touch from your address books. The email has a link taking them to the Giftster registration page, partially filled out for convenience, and automatically places them in your group.
Tip #2: To resend an invitation to someone that is slow to respond, click the mail icon next to their name and Giftster sends another one.
How to convince your family to join
Share this page: Why a family gift registry makes sense
Quickly turn your invitees into members – even if they don't see or get your invitation email
- If they create a Giftster account using the same email you used to invite them, they will automatically see your pending invite on their My Groups page. One-click and they are connected to your group!
- They can visit Giftster and search on your name or email address, and then under your name click on "Request Membership" which sends you a request that shows on your My Groups page and you get an email notification. Once you approve the request, they are connected, no emails required.
- You could register each group member using their email address and a simple password (encourage them to change it later). When logged into each new account, request to be added to your group. Log back into your own account, accept all the requests and you’re all connected. Then tell each group member about their account and how to access it, then start sharing wish lists.
Did you know? Groups and registration is how Giftster keeps each member’s lists confidential. From your account, you can edit your own lists, but you are not permitted to see the purchase status of your own wish list items. That would be no fun.