Add items to someone else's lists
Ever wish you could add a gift idea to someone else's list? You can! We call them Suggested Items.
Suggested Items are just like regular items, except you can secretly add them to another group member's list, and they won't see what you added, but other group members can. How fun is that?
Examples of great ways to use Suggested Items include:
- You know something your sister really wants but she didn't put it on her list. Now you can.
- You bought something not on your brother's list, and you don't want someone else to think of the same idea and buy a duplicate. Put your gift on your brother's list, and mark it purchased by you. Now you are on record for buying that item, other members can see that, but your brother won't see it on the my list view of his list.
- Your spouse created a list for your child, now you can add items to this list too as suggested items.
- Aunt Hilda has a list but never puts anything on it. Now you and your group can put your heads together and suggest items for her.
How Suggested Items work
You must be in a Giftster group with someone to have the privilege of suggesting items on their list. Lists with shared or public privacy display Suggested Items, and the member names who put them there, and you'll see the button to add a suggested item when you share a group with the list maker and are logged in.
- Suggested items display separately at the end of each list
- Each suggested item includes the name of who added it
- The member adding it can edit or delete it or even mark it reserved or purchased
- Deleting a list will also delete the suggested items added by others to that list
- Changing list privacy to private means nobody can see the suggested items for that list
Adding and deleting Suggested Items
- Add suggested items while viewing lists on the Shop For page.
- View all the Suggested Items added by you, from all lists, in one place, where you can edit or delete them as you like. Look for the Items I Suggested list under My Lists. It's Giftsterrific!