How multiple people can give one group gift to a member
Giftster doesn't handle money transactions, but here is a popular way to set up a group gift.
1. Add the group gift idea to your list, like an Apple iPad for $300
2. Decide how much an individual gift towards that gift might be, say $30
3. Set the quantity on this item to 10
4. Now you are requesting a quantity of 10 - $30 gifts towards the iPad
5. Put in the description of your gift that each quantity represents a $30 commitment towards the large gift
Now, anyone shopping your list can see that they can contribute to that gift in increments of $30, so someone can mark it purchased once for $30, or mark it purchased twice for $60, etc. Different members can mark the item purchased, until all 10 are taken.
Giftster doesn't collect the funds, the givers would write a check or transfer the funds or maybe all get together and buy the item and give it to you, for example.